Domain Name Registration
We can take care of the registration of your domain name, or, if you would like more than one domain we can register them all and point them to the one website. Just tell us your requirements, or ask our advice at our initial consultation. For details on the criteria for different domains, please visit the auDA website.
A lot has been blogged about how obtaining more than one domain name can protect your brands online security and help you to increase your search traffic. That said many people whom are setting out buying domain names for their business are still unsure of exactly what and why some domain names carry such high value. Below are some simple tips for what to look for when buying domain names:
- Country specific codes – domains such as ‘.com.au’ rank higher than generic ‘.com’ domains. Also should you have plans for branching out internationally, it is a good idea to buy a country specific domain for the markets you hope to enter such as ‘.co.uk’ for the United Kingdom - ask us about the criteria for registering country codes.
- Spelling variations –If your name or company’s domain name is often spelt incorrectly then it is recommended to purchase the spelling variants for the name. This will help direct traffic to your page even if the user enters the wrong spelling.
- Promotional domains – Registering names relating to any popular competitions or promotions which you know you will be running can be highly beneficial for driving traffic. Such domain names can also enable you to market and promote different products and services and even run successful competitions with an offer specific URL.
- Multiple suffixes - in order to protect your company name and branding, you might like to buy all of the australian suffixes of your domain name - for example .com.au, .net.au
Our rates for domain name registrations are as follows:
- .com.au, .net.au $80 + GST per 2 years
- .com, .biz $80 + GST per 2 years
- .md $220 + GST per year
- we also offer registration for other domain types so please let us know your requirements when we meet
Domain Name Transfer
We can arrange the transfer of your domain name from an existing registrar so that it is controlled (but not owned) by WebCoast. Some clients prefer to have us handle all of their web-related services, so that all invoices to do with their website originate from us.
Our rates for domain name transfers are as follows:
- .com.au, or .net.au FREE unless within 90 days of renewal, in which case the cost is $80 + GST per 2 years which adds two years on to the existing expiry date.
- .com, or.net $40 + GST forced renewal which adds one year on to the existing expiry date.
We also offer transfer for other domain types so please let us know your requirements.